Extending my reach to other people has obviously always been a goal of mine which is a given considering the fact that I blog and I hit those share buttons but earlier today it was brought to my attention that I have been going about using Google + all wrong!
Here is what I have learned:
- When hitting share only share with “Public” instead of having everyone in my circles listed because this means everything I post goes directly into their email or notifications and they can then “mute” me and miss out on a message they may have actually enjoyed!
- Don’t use small pictures from your blog posts. Remove them and add the full size image so it gets noticed!
- When you like something hit that G+ button and leave a comment. If one of your updates has received a comment hit the G+ on that comment to raise the score of that commenter.
- Keep your information up to date. I noticed that my blog has wrong information in my biography and that Google has actually added other areas that I haven’t even filled out yet. I will be doing that straight away so “browsers” can get to know the current me and find me in the right places.
- Your Google rank, Klout score, Sverve score and even your trackbacks all count towards your Blog’s overall status/rank. In order to raise these numbers you need to engage with your audience and not just post post post. Time to work on creating those social networks and NURTURING them. Every profile that you have represents who you are. If you aren’t going to maintain it, then don’t use it!
I am excited to implement these new tips not only with Google + but with other networks like Twitter and Facebook. Lastly, I am going to do my best to keep it relevant. I don’t think that a teen rock band is going to care about how to make homemade pumpkin spice cake!